It’s that time of year again . . .
The Annual Procession of All Things “Carb”… potatoes, bread rolls, chips & crackers, candied yams, cranberry spreads & sauces full of sugar, and all manner of desserts.
You know that we typically frown on the heavy carb eating here at Athlon; so here’s your solution to get through the Thanksgiving Holiday without cutting out too much of those yummy carbs:
1. Thursday morning wake-up, have a cup of coffee and then go for a 30+ minute run; or hike Bishops Peak or Cerro San Luis (Madonna mtn). This will create the right hormonal environment in your body so it will know exactly what to do with all those carbs. Now go ahead and enjoy the rest of your day and eat what you want (what the heck, it’s Thanksgiving)…
2. Then, Friday or Saturday, come into Athlon and do your
**Turkey Payment Workout**
Start with 2 Rounds of front and side planks: 30 seconds each .
Then do 3 rounds of:
- 10 Kettlebell/Dumbbell Swings
- 10 Push-ups (or Incline Push Ups)
- 10 Jumping pullups (or Lat Pulldown)
- 10 Walkouts
- 10 Walking Lunges (or Split Squats)
- 10 Ring Rows
Finish with 15 minutes of Cardio: preferably a run outside if the weather’s nice, otherwise use the Bike or Stairclimber.
**10 extra minutes of Cardio for every extra serving you ate on Thursday
**10 extra Jumping pullups or Lunges for every alcoholic beverage consumed on Thursday
Happy Turkey Day!